New Lossless decoder in itunes 4.5

jobsen_ski

Daily Player
After reading that it can cut the size of song files in half i tried to export (to a folder) then import all my music files back into itunes (I couldnt evan copy them all to the folder (dont know why) but anyway if i did manage to do this would the song "soze" half? or is this only for new WMA file beeing imported that this is any good to?
any further help on this very new piece of software would be much appreciated

The file size will be (about)half the size of a non-compressed file, not half the size of an AAC or MP3.

Yes -- what Captain Code said. This new codec won't do a damn thing for music files you've already got in iTunes in MP3 or AAC format.

Think of the new lossless codec as an addition to iTunes. Now we've got MP3, AAC and a new lossless codec. The codec will reduce the size of an UNCOMPRESSED audio file (read: a song on a CD) to about half, give or take. Since most files on a CD are between 30 and 60 megabytes, you can expect the new codec to provide you with files in the 15 to 30 megabyte range that still retain every bit of audio quality that the original file has.

Back