New Mac purchase....

haha, I use my Spymac mail via Pop3, and webspace via FTP, and have no problems at all. You already have a Spymac account? Or are you saying they're no setting up new accounts? One small pointer - you need to fill in some information on the site for certain features of the Spymac package to work. Personal information if i remember rightly, have you done that?

Yeah, and I have the 'red checkmark'. I didn't fill in the phone number, but I still have the check, sooo... :(

::ha:: ::ha:: (Ok I'mma cheat for this post then...)
Pssshh, dlloyd turned into a lippy bitch!! :D

BTW, i dunno if you've ever used Handbrake before, but someone on an iMac asked me to try a DVD on it. (If you don't know what it is, it converts a dvd on the fly - to mp4. Anyhow, the guy who asked, told me has a 1GHz iMac, and it took 10hrs roughly to convert.

I did it, and it completed it in 1hr02mins or something like that! :confused:

post-96-1084147627.jpg

Dunno if that URL works?

dlloyd said:
It'd be that 64bit part :D
And be careful with the warez stuff...

The 64Bit makes a difference to video encoding? I don't know much about the true benefits (aside more RAM avaliable) of 64Bit. I figured it was merely just the muscle of the CPU(s).
The Warez stuff, should be safe, this was for me, with my DVD! :p Thanks all the same.

I'll host up that picture, even if its a little redundant now..

( I can feel the need for more RAM, definately - I dunno how much longer I can releave the temptation to buy 2x 512Mb's... :p )

http://www.aovh17.dsl.pipex.com/hosted/neowin/handbrake.jpg

No long :D.
Theoretically, at least, a 64bit processor can handle twice as much data as a 32bit, but in practice things aren't ever optimized that much.

Since HandBrake wasn's written to take advantage of 64 bit addressing, the fact that you're running it on a 64 bit machine makes no difference.

HandBrake, on my slow-ass machine, will usually convert a 2 hour DVD in about 7 hours (that's on an old 100MHz bus, 500MHz machine). On my buddy's dual-1GHz machine, it'll do it in about an hour and a half.

Some DVDs, I've noticed, take longer than others -- I usually get about 11fps, but I'm assuming that some DVDs are a little "tougher" to rip than others, and I've seen it go as low as 6fps on my machine for the entire DVD.

Disclaimer: I only use HandBrake to rip my DVDs to MP4 videos for watching when carrying around a DVD isn't feasible or convenient... just thought I'd add that!

Back