New Powerbook end of June

Zenzefiloan

Registered
Hello everyone,

well i currently own a G4 500MHz pb ti but i am going to get a new one around the end of june. Do you think if until then we will see any new powerbook updates?

:(

Zenzefiloan said:
Hello everyone,

well i currently own a G4 500MHz pb ti but i am going to get a new one around the end of june. Do you think if until then we will see any new powerbook updates?

:(
Not a chance. Powerbooks were just updated.

However, waiting till June will almost guarantee your Powerbook will come with OS X Tiger pre-installed, so it'll be worth the wait.

Kap

Are you serious???? The PowerBook line was just updated a few weeks ago, in case you just woke from a coma.

The average product lifecycle for the powerbook is 185 days. 6-9 months leaning towards the high end of the scale is a reasonable expectation. So a new PB by end of June (5 months after the last PB release) is unlikely but not an unreasonable question. Aug-Oct is more likely but still not a sure thing.

I'm not so sure about having Tiger pre-installed in June... I heard that Apple was going to preview Tiger at the Boston MacWorld, which isn't until July.

Where'd you hear that, Ceroc?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I'm not so sure about having Tiger pre-installed in June... I heard that Apple was going to preview Tiger at the Boston MacWorld, which isn't until July.

Where'd you hear that, Ceroc?
Steve Jobs said Tiger would be out in the first half of this year, didn't he? - makes end of June the latest date for release.

Why would SJ "preview" Tiger again? He's already showed it off in 2 keynotes. :confused:

Kap

Hmmm... I see "Arriving the first half of 2005..." on the http://www.apple.com/macosx/ page. I'm speculating that Steve will announce that Tiger is shipping in July, but that's just speculation on my part.

Ho hum... let's hope it's the end of June. I'd love to be wrong on this one.

Back