new powerbook g4 hard drive

chowblower

Registered
i just installed a new hard drive in my powerbook g4 titanium and now i'm trying to install the mac osx off of the cd that came with the powerbook but when i try selecting the harddrive it won't allow me too. when it gets to that point of the installation i see the hard drive with a red exclimation point. i don't know what to do. any help guys????

chowblower said:
i just installed a new hard drive in my powerbook g4 titanium and now i'm trying to install the mac osx off of the cd that came with the powerbook but when i try selecting the harddrive it won't allow me too. when it gets to that point of the installation i see the hard drive with a red exclimation point. i don't know what to do. any help guys????

Did you first reformat the new hard drive before the install try? I ask this because most new hard drives are formatted strictly for Windows machines.

i figured it out. i was bout to give up and turned the machine off. then i turned it back on and tried it again and it worked. seems like u need to restart the computer after making the partions. thanks

Back