New save as PDF Feature in 10.2.4

I tried it and it did not initially work. Then I moved the PDF Services folder from /Library to ~/Library and it works!

I copied the email script (since I often find myself wanting to email files to people) and I also made an alias to my "Receipts" folder in which I keep PDF versions of web page confirmation pages.

very cool!

That is cool, same for me it did not work under Library, had to move it to ~Library. Great Feature.

How did you guys got it to Work, I don't mean the directory thing I mean the actual Script. Did you copy/paste the code from that page to the Script Editor in Mac OS X Applicatons folder?, or did you use Developer Tools?

If someone could explain in detail how to actually get this done I would really appreciate it, Thanks:)

copy and paste the script to the script editor... then do a syntax check. whereever it chokes, there most likely is a space missing (at least if you copied from Safari like I did). I had to add 3 spaces (around the is and the 1s) to get the syntax to check out.... after this it worked perfectly...

O.K. I get the example script going and the Print Center is showing it. However, the applescript page gives only the one Mail example script. The picture on the page shows many other PDF scripts (in the picture). Does anyone know or know how to get these (or make them) scripts (that are used in the picture)? I'm just not that good at applescript.

Originally posted by bluehz
Thats very cool - wonder where they got that nice list of AppleScript actions...

I've looked everywhere. This new hidden feature would transform printing for me if the scripts are as they appear.

Where does everyone reckon we should keep our eyes open tocatch them when they appear?

Back