New Tiger screenshots

Doesn't look 'green' to me. Not Tiger on my computer, nor in your screenshot. Might be either your eyes or your screen...? (Or your imagination...) ... Or: Have you calibrated your display in Panther differently, so that now Tiger, with the default calibration, looks different to you?

The menu bar gets an even more decent look in newer builds! ... As you can see in the attached screenshot, the Apple logo is slightly embossed. Nice. In 'Aqua' (the blue variant), the widgets are now graphite by default and turn blue when you click on them. More to follow later on macnews.net.tc...

Attachments

• newlook.jpeg
    newlook.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 142
Apple must have been looking at ShapeShifter themes. (The menu bar they employ for Tiger looks like it came from SmoothStripes Gloss, which Max Rudberg designed for Jaguar.)

however, smoothstripes gloss was derived beautifully from apple's own smaller widgets in aqua - that's why smoothstripes gloss kinda 'felt right'. ;)

Over at AppleInsider:
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=728

Burnable Folders and Smart Folders being the hilights.

Though a couple of the images look a little un-Apple-like (too busy/convoluted, and Brushed Metal, none of the newish theme we've been seeing), so I wonder how legit they really are...Maybe I'm just being skeptical.

if they are forced to remove the images, I DL'd them so email/PM me if you wanna see them.

Those are Finder folders, so they look Brushed Metal. New theme won't replace Brushed Metal, rather it's applied to (some?) Aqua windows. The screenshots are legit.

Burnable Folders sounnds cool actually, probably won't use it./ I'd much rather make copies to a HD. Only way I'd use discs is if I had a DVD burner and a bunch of DVD-RW's.

Smart Folders in both the Finder and Mail are totally worth it to me though.

I like the fact that the volume name is blurred out on the icon text but not the description underneath it. :p

Yeah I know, Fryke.. but you seem so knowledgable that it's fun to point out your shortcomings. :p

I love the way the new Mail looks. I really hate the drawer on the side of the current Mail and I'd been hoping for them to put that info into the actual window. I was initially not impressed with Tiger, but things are looking better.

"In addition to adding new search criteria options, Apple has ditched the Smart Folder "Columns View" in favor of a new "Groups View." This view will enable users to display Smart Folder contents in a format very similar to Spotlight search results."

I hope they still keep some kind of image preview in column view.

Kap

I guess Spotlight-View will show some kind of thumbnail. But I'll still miss Columns View there, since columns is my primary type of viewing folders, and why shouldn't I be able to look at smart folders the same way? :/ ... Well, there's still time ahead before Tiger's final. Maybe we'll still see changes here...

Back