New to Mac - AOL question - HELP !!!

teddyhutch

Registered
Unfortunetely we still need to run the AOL application on our new Mac. We have it working fine on Windows but I just cannot seem to get it running on the Mac.
I have downloaded the application "AOL for MAC OS" from the AOL website and it installs fine but when I start AOL up it opens up as normal but it will not let me use the web browsing part. I get the email and buddy list fine but just cannot use the Web.
Anyone know of any fixes or work arounds?
I have spoken to AOL and they just said that they do not support AOL (even though they offer the application "AOL for MAC OS".

Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Kids will be happy!!!!

Many many thanks in advance

Firstly, AOL's web browser uses the OLD IE Explorer! For web browsing, just open Safari, Opera, Firefox, or whatever you choose and surf from it rather than AOL's "built-in" browser.

Secondly, forget all of the above, and download the new "AOL Desktop" application. Corrently it is version 1.1. It's all new and quite fast.

Cheers for that I will give the desktop one a go. Seems this is available from Apple so may have better chance. The one I tried was from AOL.

With rgards to just using Safari, I completely agree but im afraid that the kids are used to the whole AOL application and will be painful trying to teach them something new.

Thanks for your help.

"AOL Desktop" application is from AOL---NOT Apple.

Let us know if it works well.

The kids will learn....far faster than you. :)

Back