no default applicication

fansta

Registered
ive bought a wireless adaptar and its meant to be for mac aswel as computer but when i put the cd in then i click autorun.exe it says theres no default application i need a way to get around this please help!!!

ive bought a wireless adaptar ... then i click autorun.exe it ...
Which model Mac do you have?

Which model wireless adapter?

autorun.exe is a self-executing script for Windows. If you were on a Windows machine, then you would not have to click on it. On the Mac, it serves no purpose.

I haven't used a wireless adapter, but I have seen - owned - many a CD "installer: for "Mac and Windows" where there IS nothing to install for Mac. You just use the perpipheral and the Mac recognizes it. Have you tried inserting the adapter and see what happens?

Go to the blue Apple(black in Leopard) in the top left hand corner. From that menu item select "About This Mac". Once the pop-up comes up select "More Info ...". This will launch System Profiler(/Applications/Utilities/System Profiler) and it will show everything about your mac and what devises it sees.

I am going to ask several questions. What OS X do you have? What model of the Mini are you using?

Older Macs did not have the Airport wireless built in. Anything this last year will have Airport built in.

Back