No Destination On Install

Myztiq

Registered
Okay im installing Mac OS X 10.2.4 and when i get to the select destination prompt there is no disk to install to... So i figure i should partition the disk so i Open Disk Utility. Wait a while for it to load and select the 27.95 gb FUJITSU. Then i hit partition. Wait a while again as the pinwheel rolls about itself like a happy go lucky lolypop on steroids. When if finally pops up about 5 minutes later i select the format of Mac OS Standard. Unselect Install Mac OS 9 Disk drivers, and press Partition. I get the warning about erasing volumes. Press Partition. Then i get the Preparing Drive ... unmounting old volumes. Well it sits there for several hours and have yet to get past that point. What is wrong? Bad Hard Drive?

On a sidenote:I have installed windows xp 2 times on different machines and also linux while working on this mac. I am getting a little tired of it but its for my girlfriend so im still vigalant. Its been about 8-9 hours so far working on this computer... Majority of the time is waiting for things to load.

You cannot install Mac OS X on a "Mac OS Standard (HFS)"-formatted drive. You must format the drive as "Mac OS Extended (HFS+)".

Back