No internet with Boot Camp

count jackal

Registered
I purchased a new Imac with Boot Camp and everything was working great. Somehow I did something and can no longer get an internet connection in windows. There is no problem when working in OSX.

Everything else in Windows works great; all the programs run fine. When I attempt to connect to the internet it gives me a message that I have no internet connection. In fact, as soon as I boot up I get a message about not having a connection. Help!

Are you connecting wirelessly or wired?

If Wired:

1. Go start->control panel->network connections (may have to go to Network and Internet Connections, THEN network connections)

2. You should see a 'Local Area Connection" - What's printed underneath that? If everything is good you should see two lines - the first that says "Enabled" or "Connected" - and the second line which says what type of network adapter you have. Please write what both of those lines are in your reply if you don't get it working.

3. Double-Click on Local Area Connection and click on the Support Tab. Two fields of interest are "Address Type" and "IP Address". Again, if you can't get it working - please post what the address type is, and the first 3 numbers in the IP address.

4. Click on the Repair button. Does it repair successfully? If not, does it immediately fail or does it take about 30-60 seconds to fail?

Lemme know and we'll proceed from there...

thanks so much but i actually solved the problem using system restore, which i just happened to find while trying to fix the problem. great feature!! everything is back to normal.

Ah - system restore.

I hate it personally because it has the capability to really foul up your programs, DLL entries, and the registry in general. Not to mention that you don't identify what the core problem was, and learn nothing that could prevent it from happening in the future.

Time Travel is seriously gonna suck unless they make it in a very straightforward manner (ie. .timetravel sub-folders)

I have wireless connection in my macbook pro(10.4.11) without any problem. I then installed vista business through boot camp so I can run some softwares that are only compatible with windows. Does one know how to solve this problem?

Besides, there is no sound in my vista operating system. Feels it's like totally isolated from what my OS system has. How do I solve this problem?

Boot Camp is not available in 10.4.11! Yes it did come out in beta during that time but that beta expired a while ago. You will need 10.5.x or better to have Boot Camp to work now.

Getting the newer version seems out of budget now. Will the internet through boot camp work on Windows XP? I then can downgrade my vista system to XP if it's gonna be helping me getting the internet connection.

Thanks.

I accept with information:
Are you connecting wirelessly or wired?

If Wired:

1. Go start->control panel->network connections (may have to go to Network and Internet Connections, THEN network connections)

2. You should see a 'Local Area Connection" - What's printed underneath that? If everything is good you should see two lines - the first that says "Enabled" or "Connected" - and the second line which says what type of network adapter you have. Please write what both of those lines are in your reply if you don't get it working.

3. Double-Click on Local Area Connection and click on the Support Tab. Two fields of interest are "Address Type" and "IP Address". Again, if you can't get it working - please post what the address type is, and the first 3 numbers in the IP address.

4. Click on the Repair button. Does it repair successfully? If not, does it immediately fail or does it take about 30-60 seconds to fail?

Lemme know and we'll proceed from there...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

my internet connection problem was solved when i finished updating the drivers with the OSX installation disk.

Last edited:
Back