No more poll in the forum

I think the question is how come us normal users no longer seem to have the option to create a poll?

Has this option been limited to admins and moderators only?

Are the permissions for this option different in each sub-formum? (Sort of like images is?)

OKAY... The scoop from the horses mouth....

Many Many moons ago... an execitive decision was made which limited the ability to create polls to moderators/admins and folks who where "Supporting Members" in a financial category.

During that period in history... when you donated, you where given special access, noted as a contributing member and given permissions to make polls.

At some point that program ended and nothing ever changed.

I suppose it is time for a change?

ScottW said:
OKAY... The scoop from the horses mouth....

Many Many moons ago... an execitive decision was made which limited the ability to create polls to moderators/admins and folks who where "Supporting Members" in a financial category.

During that period in history... when you donated, you where given special access, noted as a contributing member and given permissions to make polls.

At some point that program ended and nothing ever changed.

I suppose it is time for a change?

Scott if you check your records I personally have given you over $100 this year. So I guess then I am not a contributing member? Do I have to give over $500 a year to be treated as a member?

Well... like I said, that was a previous program. The system which tracked donations and automatically moved people to that category doesn't exist anymore. In fact, no one is the contributing member group, even contributing members.

In case you didn't notice... I actually turned on Polls for everyone (as far as I can tell) at the moment of my last post.

Satcom, your contributions are welcome and needed. It was not an oversight that you didn't get that status, no one has it because that program doesn't exist, but donations are always needed.

Thanks.

Scott

Thanks a lot ScottW :)

can confirm that I do have access to the poll feature
and will not abuse of it ;)

Yes, it looks like the poll functionality is working again.

Thanks Scott.

So why did you end the contributor thing? I really liked being in that "special group".

Well, you had two views. People who couldn't contribute financially and felt left out and of course, folks like yourself who liked it. Im sure we will do something like that in the future again.

Back