No mp3 in QT6?

lonny

Fearless Thinker
I downloaded Quicktime6.
I don't seemp to be able to save in mp3 format, only mp4.
Is it possible? Do you think Apple is gonna abandon mp3 completely? That would be weird!

Correct me if I am wrong... I think Quicktime 5 also didnt let you SAVE in MP3 format (you couldnt SAVE in video in MPEG neither...)??

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear...
but I mean Quicktime Pro.

You can export and convert files in QT Pro.

I've got QuickTime 5 Pro and I don't see the ability to export in MP3 format anywhere -- whether I open a movie, an AIFF, a WAV or an MP3.

I see I can export to AIFF, but that's about it!

I'll say it again:

In QuickTime 5 (regular or pro) there is no option to save in the mp3 format.

Don't believe me? Reinstall QT5 and see for yourself.

Lonny, you might want to check to see if there was a third party hack or component added to Quicktime that allowed you to save as mp3 in version 5. If you find the external component that provided this function, you might be able to use it with 6. I'm sure that starfleetX is correct in that both basic and pro editions of QT5 does not have built-in capability to save as mp3.

You can convert a file to mp3 from iTunes. Go to Advanced menu and select Convert to MP3, select your file, iTunes convert it with the settings from is preferences. You can get your file from the iTunes directory.

Ok guys...
I reckon I was wrong then.

But... I can't export in mp3 format from within Spark(free) now.. or maybe it has always been like this? And I'm pretty sure Spark depends on QT.
I'd like to be able to switch to QT5 just to check by myself, but the 13Mb re-installer is too big to be bothered (56k here).

Back