no Stuffit Expander in Tiger?

Apple Help Desk sez we have to download the latest version (9.0 at this writing). As for your Allume log on, who sez you have to give them a valid email address? They just take it in passing. It's not like they don't already have your cookies...

How come everyone's finding it so hard to download Stuffit? I just clicked "Stuffit Expander" and filled in the small form with a fake email, and it downloaded.

Hmm.

Convert said:
How come everyone's finding it so hard to download Stuffit? I just clicked "Stuffit Expander" and filled in the small form with a fake email, and it downloaded.

Hmm.

i saw somewhere that you could unstuff files without Expander in 10.4, but can not remember where...it may have been on the Apple Support discussions...

anyone know what to use to do that?

addendum:

i found this at Apple Support:

no problems with .zip files: you simply double click them and they expand thanks to BOMArchiveHelper (built into the System).
For the others (.bin) i fear you'll have to download the free StuffIt Expander.

Convert said:

Hmm.

Yeah Im not understanding it either. Sounds like were being a bit lazy

Back