no such file or directory

ghyde

CCNA, CCDA
Launching Apple X11 before updating to 10.4 resulted in the following message in a term window. So, I got rid of X11 and reinstalled it with the 10.4 updt.

My X11 nightmare continues. The error continues, without a flinch. I can't remember the last time X11 worked.

Here's the message --

tcsh: /sw/bin/int.csh: no such file or directory

Somebody PLEASE help!!!! :(

PS

Even-though the term window displays the above message, X11 does appear to be active -- although I'm not sure of how much use.

PSS

It All started when I tried setting up KDE desktop to work with Apple X11. Everything would freeze the Instant I clicked on Any box in on the KDE desktop (which I have since removed via Fink, resulting in my current predicament.)

I beg of you. PLEASE help!!!! :(

Thanks. It's as I figured. Then why is X11 looking for it, and how can I make it stop?

BTW, in 10.4 supposed to look more aqua-like?

Sorry I misread your post late last night. You said it's a message in a term window in X11 (I understood if to mean that you tried to start X11 manually in a Terminal.app window and it failed with that error message).

This is because you have a call to /sw/bin/init.csh somewhere, either in ~/.bashrc or or ~/.tcshrc or /etc/profile or whatever is appropriate for your shell...just look for it and remove it.

Okay, it seems I had set up X11 to point to the KDE desktop installed via Fink. I Long longer have KDE, or that directory, on my computer. So how do I tell X11 to stop looking for what's no longer there?

In a terminal, edit /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and change the windowmanager back to quartz-wm
Code:
# start the window manager
exec quartz-wm

Back