No trash on Desktop for 10.1.1

yoshi

Registered
Hey has anyone gotten their trash can on the desktop in 10.1.1? I can't seem to get the plist to let me do it. Its set right but it won't show up and its driving me absolutly crazy.. has anyone done this yet for 10.1.x? (not 10.0.x I know that one)

lemme know

`Dave

Go to versiontracker.com and search for something like "TinkerTools" or something like that, download the latest version and install it into your computer (instructions come with it) once installed you can choose to have your trashcan on the desktop or not.

I didn't follow this thread completely, but try this. I'm using DragThing, which now puts the trash on the desktop if you want it to.

DragThing does not exactly do that, although it may be satisfying to you. The "Trash" appearing on the desktop is NOT the finder trash, but (i suppose) a sort of emulation. With such tras you do not have the same functionality you have with the Finder one; for example, to empty trash in the dock, you simply click and keep the mouse button pressed for a short time, whilst in the DragThing one, you must control-click. I'm still looking a way to place a "true" trash can on my deesktop.

Powerbook G4, 512K ram:rolleyes:

whoops...my mistake, you're right, it doesn't. It's been a while since I looked at DragThing's prefs, got mixed up with "put Trash on end of dock". I could've sworn there is something, not TinkerTool I know they stopped putting the Trash on the desktop...something else...
:confused:

There is a utility called "Trash X" available on versiontracker.com, but I tried it and I didn't like it that much.. I like my trash in the Dock. But since you guys are complaining about that, I thought I'd mention it.

Back