Noise Filter for imovie

DJ Rep

How Interesting...
Hi I'm looking for a good noise filter for imovie that would be able to reduce or eliminate the noise found in daylight conditions from movie clips taken with digital cameras, are there any decent ones?
The clip that needs reducing is along the lines of this

I think your best bet is going to be getting a real audio editor program (ProTools, Cakewalk, etc.) to get that hiss frequency reduced. Not sure if iMovie is advanced enough to do that. You can, however, export your audio, edit it and then reimport it to iMovie.

Just looked at your movie. Sounds like you just used the mic that's on your camcorder? There won't be much you can do to improve the sound quality, if that's the case. Mainly because in order to do that you will have to boost frequencies, which always adds hiss.

However, you can isolate the hissy frequency or use a De-Esser filter to try to remove some of it.

Hope some of this helps… :cool:

Thanks for your help but thats not what I meant, what I meant was I wanted a noise remover for the picture not for the sound, because if you see there is some visual noise present, thats why I thought there might be a plugin for iMovie for this purpose, any ideas?

I didn't notice much noise in the picture, but what I did notice is your camera's auto-focus going in and out of focus, at times focusing on the riders, and at other times focusing on the background... is this what you're talking about?

no the noise the focus is just a mistake there is quite a bit of noise especially with dark clips, do you know of anything to clean it up

I know there was something to do... just go in user (your name), library, preferences and delete "com.apple.Imovie7.plist"

same thing with garageband, it seems something corrupt when you change the sound setting (stupid as going from internal microphone to line in or firewire...) while the software is open. I've looked on the internet, I never found this solution anywhere. I guess the poor people use to live with this noise every day....

Back