Not able to delete some (2) mails

anerki

Registered
Hi,

I've had this error for well over 8 months now with 2 mails in my Mail.app.

The problem with these 2 mails is that I'm unable to delete them. When I select them, press "delete" on the keyboard, or move them to trash, or any of the similar options I have to delete mails they just become greyed out. I delete the trash, they remain greyed out. I restart Mail, they are no longer greyed out, they have no contents, but they're not deleted either ...

Now, I checked several things:

- The mails are both on my ISP mail account, one is from the ISP, one from a friend, so they're not similar in sender, but they are in receiving account.
- I checked the webmail function of my ISP, they're not in that inbox, or spambox, or any box at all there.
- My Mail settings are set up so that mails are deleted from the server after a week. I tried deleting them now, setting the option to one day, one month, nothing of that matter works.
- I tried bouncing them, didn't work either ...

What I'm really hoping for in ways of a solution is a way to get into the Inbox on my hard drive (physically, not through Mail) and delete the mails, or at least make sure they no longer show up.

Anyone know how to edit that? I can provide screenshots or anything similar you request later when I get home from work.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Frederik-Jan Roose

Have you looked in your User/Library/Mail folder?
Everything in your Mail accounts is located there.

Matt

I have the same error all the time with tons of emails. The only way I have found to delete them is during a search. So if they have the word "monkey" in them for example, do a search for that word and then delete from there.
Hope it works for you!

Have you reindexed your email boxes as described in Mail Help?

When Mail detects a problem with your mailboxes, it may alert you that it needs to repair them by reindexing your messages. At other times, you can reindex messages yourself. To do so, quit Mail and, in the Mail folder in your home Library folder, move the Envelope Index file and any folders that begin with “Mac-", “Exchange-", or “IMAP-" to a different location, such as your desktop. When you reopen Mail, it reindexes all messages.

Back