not enough user rights to install app

new_roti

Registered
hello

i wants to install toast updater. if i run the install it says i havnt enough right. how can i solve that problem.

please help

When you launch the updater, you must be logged in as an administrator user. It'll then ask you for your password and you can proceed normally.

Well, yes, there is a super-high-admin, called the "root" user, but you shouldn't have to log in as root to perform the Toast update procedure...

Try this test: create another administrator user account on your machine, log in to that new account, install Toast and then try to install the update. If that works, then we need to troubleshoot your original account more to see what the problem is.

new_roti said:
hello

i wants to install toast updater. if i run the install it says i havnt enough right. how can i solve that problem.

please help

Have have a similar problem, a game called Super Solitaire, when i run the app, it says i don't have sufficient permissions to do so, please log in under a admin account to enable the game, i am logged in to a admin account as it is!

new_roti said:
works!

thanks a lot!

Well, that means that something in your old user account is preventing the installer from running. Since it's a royal pain in the ass to backup and move things to a new user account (well, I may just be lazy, but I don't like doing it) you may want to look into other things that could possibly be causing it to not update.

Try running a "repair permissions" using Disk Utility in the Utilities folder to make sure your permissions on that drive are correct logged in as the old user. Also, do you have any other programs running when you try to do this? What login items do you have?

I'd really like to find out why it refuses to run under your other account... sure, creating another user and doing it there is a solution, but I'm still left with an empty feeling that we didn't get it to work on your old user account... and I'd love to find out what's causing it.

Back