NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra video problems on G5 ppc

portfoliopgh

Registered
Hello there,

i hope you can help me out to solve this video prob.

in my ppc G5 2,0 dual i had put a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra 2x dvi card to be able working in dual monitor mode and this is what happens : (blue screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRb4oOf-TSY

if i put it in my ppc G5 1,8 single this is what happens : (interuption)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_bt_GqMp5Y

i am running osx 10.5 and i asume the drivers are already included or do i need an additional driver?

(with my elder NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 = 1 x adc en 1x dvi on both systems al works fine)

dou you know what is wrong here?

thanks

p.

Is the GeForce 6600 Ultra 2x DVI card a Mac-specific card, or is it some card you picked up out of the PC aisle at a computer store?

Graphics cards are not interchangeable between PCs (Windows/Linux machines) and Macs. You must use a Mac-specific graphics card.

Has this card ever worked in any Mac for you?

i know the cards between pc and mac differ

and pc cards can be flashed to use in mac ...(reprogramming the cards architecture)

i bought this one secondhand after i had put an adv. on the local web

the seller told my it came out of a 2,0 Ghz G5 Powermacintosch

as you see in the startupscreen its working but when osx is being loaded the screen flips to blue

i am postig forums everywhere on this topic...trying to find out "que pasa"

like is being said

"ell que busca encuentra"

lets see

Cheers

p

True, PC cards can be "flashed" to work in a Mac, but the process is not always 100%. I wouldn't recommend someone doing it unless they were a tinkerer or intended not to use the flashed card on a production system. But, as with anything, YMMV and IANAL.

But we digress! ;)

What happens if you insert the card, then boot from the OS X Install/Restore CD/DVD? Do you get a valid picture?

yes... that true!

most of the times i am lucky with second hand stuff ...this time i wasnt...

but still i would like to know why it isnt working proper...

i will try to use this hint!

from eldiabloconcaca

What happens if you insert the card, then boot from the OS X Install/Restore CD/DVD? Do you get a valid picture?

after that i will get back to this!

Cheers

p.

Back