NVIDIA MacBook - Verbose boot after imaging

chrisgrange

Registered
Having received a fresh batch of NVidia MacBooks I've remade our default image and attempted to image the MacBooks. However once the imaging is completed they all boot in verbose mode. Other than this they operate perfectly. Our deployment script blesses the disk once the imaging is complete and I've tried blessing both the volume and the folder but it still boots in verbose mode. I've also tried disabling verbose boot in the NVRAM (it's not enabled anyway).

The only way that I've found to fix this is to manually select "Macintosh HD" in the Startup Disk Pref pane. So I guess the question is, what else is the pref pane doing all of a sudden?

I have exactly the same issue. I used Bombich's NetRestore to image the machine, with the option of setting the target disk as as the startup disk. After imaging, they all boot up in verbose mode. Like you, the first thing I did was check the NVRAM. Verbose mode was not enabled. As soon as I set the Startup Disk through System Preferences, verbose mode is disabled.

My guess is maybe startup disk is not being set correctly. Have you been able to figure out how to fix this, perhaps through scripting? I'm trying to avoid fixing this manually on 250 machines.

We don't use NetRestore, we use a home-grown deployment solution. I recreated the image on one of the newer MacBooks and all was well. Not sure what the problem was.

Back