Of appleping and John Scully

scott

softer than ever!
Anybody notice that when you enter the "appleping" command in a terminal withouth the proper syntax, the returned syntax instructions use "John Scully:Macintosh SE@PEPSI...?

- So much for no easter eggs

-Scott:)

I still like this one... take that bill gates!

Attachments

• billgates.jpg
    billgates.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 267
LOL @ Kill gates ;)

I was looking @ one of the customization sites to see how I can make my terminal opaque.... how do u do it ???

Thanks ;)
I have my terminal colors like I had my Apple IIgs screen when I was coding in BASIC .... Balck background and yellow text lol... people still think I am crazy for having it that way but I find it cool :p

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Thanks ;)
I have my terminal colors like I had my Apple IIgs screen when I was coding in BASIC .... Balck background and yellow text lol... people still think I am crazy for having it that way but I find it cool :p

Thats the only way to code...Its sooooo much easier on the eyes than a white background-black text combo :D

-jdog

It is :D
Oh by the way... is BASIC the only language that is line numbered??? do others exist like so ?

10 $ak = "ak"
20 print $ak
30 print("APPLESOFT BASIC ON THE APPLE ][ GS ")

save hello
run hello

hehehe :rolleyes:

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Thanks ;)

Heh, mine's the old green text on a slightly translucent dark green background. Ahhh nostalgia ;)

Oh by the way... is BASIC the only language that is line numbered??? do others exist like so ?

I think some versions of COBOL and FORTRAN have numbers. It's not a feature of the language, since there are versions of BASIC today, like REALbasic and VB that don't have numbers.

BTW PRINT didn't have parens, only quotes ;)

here's a more 'advanced one. I may have really wrote this in 4th grade ;)

10 INPUT "DOES YOUR BUTT SMELL BAD";A$
20 IF LEFT$(A$,1)="Y" THEN GOTO 40
30 PRINT "IT DOES TOO! LIAR!": GOTO 30
40 PRINT "I COULD TELL!":GOTO 40

LOL here's another one I really *did* write, but I think it was 5th grade...

10 FOR I = 1 TO 100000
20 NEXT I
30 PRINT CHR$(7)
40 GOTO 30

he he he... ran it on one of the library computers and then casually strolled out in under 100 seconds.

(ASCII 7 is the system beep sound, which was this shrill electronic whine/ding on the PET this ran on.)

riiight ;)
Due to java & C influence I included parentheses lol :p ....

I will NEVER forget the time I was composing music for my a program in BASIC and I made the STUPID mistake of saving the music file as the program file ... aarggghhh that was stupid! :p

LOL ... about the beep sound... that aint nothing lol ;)
I wrote this small program and distrubuted it to all my classmates. It was the calavry song lol. Everyone loaded it on their machines and as they were leaving they all (synchronously) pressed "enter" to run the program and on all apple IIgs there was this tiedye color patern (slightly animated) while playing this music LOL (Ithink I had it repeat 25 times :p) .... it almost drove the teacher mad lol .. (going from computer to computer to interrupt it LOL)

Aaahhh those were the days ;) (in grade 10)

I still have my Apple IIGS, Woz Limited Edition, unfortunately, the keyboard stopped working after some orange juice spill into it last year. I often used the IIGS ADB keyborad with my PowerBook 520c because the built-in keyboard was so flimsy.

System specs:

GS OS System 6
Applied Engineering RAM expander card;
Two RAM cards piggybacked from AE RAM expander card: 1.75MB total RAM;
Sound card with input;
SCSI card with 40MB Hard drive (woohoo!);
800K 3.5" disk drive;
143K 5.25" disk drive;
ImageWriter Printer (no longer works);
2400 Baud external modem;

This was great back in the mid to late 80's when I would call my local BBS and send mail to my BBS buddies, play a few text based games like Galactic Empire (You have 3 new planets!).

Apple II Forever!

I still have my Apple IIGS, Woz Limited Edition, unfortunately, the keyboard stopped working after some orange juice spill into it last year. I often used the IIGS ADB keyborad with my PowerBook 520c because the built-in keyboard was so flimsy.

System specs:

GS OS System 6
Applied Engineering RAM expander card;
Two RAM cards piggybacked from AE RAM expander card: 1.75MB total RAM;
Sound card with input;
SCSI card with 40MB Hard drive (woohoo!);
800K 3.5" disk drive;
143K 5.25" disk drive;
ImageWriter Printer (no longer works);
2400 Baud external modem;

This was great back in the mid to late 80's when I would call my local BBS and send mail to my BBS buddies, play a few text based games like Galactic Empire (You have 3 new planets!).

Apple II Forever!

Found a couple Apple II's in my office when I moved in... not to mention the umpteen Classics I've got running.

Brings me back to elementary school...

You lucky b@str@rds :p
The last time I used a real apple IIgs or a classic was back in HS,...
Now I look to emulation to run those OSs ...
(of course even if I had those machines I would have no room... my rooms is limited as is!)

Admiral

I have an Apple][e where to use the moden, you set the phone on these twol little ear pads, I have a great word processor called bank street writer and a box full of games on the 4.25 floppys (can you really call the new floppies a floppy if it doesn't flop). BTW my screen is black with green text and this wied cloth substance that covers it. And it all is still 100% functional!

i just gutted my Macintosh SE to make one of these:
http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/macquarium/index.html
*GRIN*

and to talk about bustin some screwed up sheit on your school

i went to the wackest elementry school(echo horizon), and i got so pissed at the peecee they had in the computer lab, i jammed a pen into the floppy drive(the big floppy floppy ones) and gave it a good..call it wat you want. ignorance is bliss, if it wern't for that macintosh SE i had, i wouldn't have had to maim that peecee

Back