office x crashes / 10.2 updater

couzteau

Registered
office x crashes after installing the 10.2 updater.

More precisely my word crashes on startup. before it was running, but was quite unstable. so i looked at microsoft.com for updates and found the 10.2 updater. installed that. now my word doesn't run at all. Excel launches.

I've not any divx components installed. any ideas??

What is the 10.2 updater? There are four updates to Microsoft Office v.X: 10.1.2, 10.1.3, 10.1.4 and 10.1.5, and whenever I install Microsoft Office v.X, I install all those updates in that exact order, one after another.

if you have a lot of extra fonts installed, or any corrupt fonts, that's most liekly the case.

I posted much the same thing on here a few months back. turned out that as soon as I cut things back to the default font list, I was good go. then it was just a matter of weeding out the bad one(s), which was quite a task, as I had like 1000 to go through...

I tried everything, and the fonts were the culprit. I'd definitely give it a try.

sorry the updater is version 10.1.2 non 10.2.

after reading the above i removed all extra fonts and downloaded the other updates (10.1.3, 10.1.4, 10.1.5) as well. Unfortunately the 10.1.4 exits with an unsepcified error (an error prevented the update from completing, 11002:2,-15)

i have reinstalled office from scratch and tried to run the updates but the 10.1.4 updater still won't finish, word still won't start.

a) how do i get my system clean for a fresh start
b) what is 11002:2,-15

cheerz

Back