Ok Next problem, Superdrive Cable & Connector

bobbyj1985

Registered
Well here is my second problem, I brought the second hand pb g4, and the superdrive didnt work, so just took it apart to have a look, for starters there isnt a cable to connect the cd drive to the motherboard. so first : anyone know where i can get a cable from. Second : the connector is a bit mashed up see pictures, but i think it should still work as all connectors are there its just the plastic, i had an old optical cable with the same connector that needed just tno the right type to fit my superdrive, and that fitted. so i'm hoping

Attachments

• 43600029 copy.jpg
    43600029 copy.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 43600031 copy.jpg
    43600031 copy.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 11
what that looks like is that someone just pulled the old cable out, ripping it. so what is sticking out is the old cable. but its hard to tell with the pic so out of focus. as for parts, you could start here at http://www.pbparts.com/.

only thing is i need it to be in england hehe, and there is no cable in there at all, its an empty connecter that is joined to the motherboard. needs the cable to be plugged in, but thanks anyway

It may work, but you'll still need a cable to connect them. If it doesn't work, you're looking at a logic board replacement, which is expensive.

Your pictures are out of focus, but appears to be damaged connectors, with some of the contacts bent out of position. You may not get that to work, as someone really beat up that connector. As eric2006 says, a logic board looks likely, and won't be cheap....

Back