Omega Watches?

CharlieJ

R.I.P bobw
I have just got a new watch for my birthday, I have an Omaga Speedmaster Legend, the watch is so nice to wear It looks so nice, I was just wondering If you guys have watches and what one's do you have?

legomega3_430.jpg

One example
35066100.gif

My watch

Mine is a sundial that weighs a ton, chafes my wrist, and doesn't work as well when it's cloudy.....but at least I don't have to spend money on batteries! ;)

Anyone who would spend $2000+ for a watch to give
as a gift to a kid (no offense meant here - you ARE a kid)
is crazy as far as i am concerned.

BTW - your watch cost more than a new Intel macbook!

I have a Tissot PR50 titanium. Very nice and lightweight watch but very reasonably priced.

I have a Seiko divers watch that i bought with my
tax refund check about 20 years ago - price was $280

I also have two Suunto wristop computers.

A new Omega Speedmaster Legend, eh? Well, I can out brag you, kid.
My mommy and daddy just bought me a new Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet, just for taking out the garbage! So there!
P.S. And the gearshift knob's got a 20 carat perfect cut DeBeers diamond set into it!
P.P.S. And in the glove box, is a matched pair of custom made platinum plated Beretta automatic pistols with my name in 24 carat gold, which I'm free to use to blow my friggin' brains out if I scratch my new Porsche 911 Carerra Cabriolet!
Bet ya can't beat THAT, ya smart ass kid!:rolleyes:
Oh, by the way, I'm wearing an 8 year old Timex watch.
(takes a licking and comes back ticking)

AHHHH. No of course we don't have watches?! What the f*ck are you talking about?

I just engraved my 233 Wallstreet with stained titanium (you know the color spectrum shifts as you apply acid to titanium) and then I went to the local jewlrey store with my mommy and daddy and they bought me a pound of perfectly cut diamonds to fit inside my two Apple logos (one on top, one on bottom!)!

Oh and when I got home, to my surprise, a quad processor G5 was just sitting in my driveway! When I popped the lid, guess what? 16 gigabytes of RAM! That should help my FOUR processors keep it up when I'm posting on the internet.

*fizzle* >.<

Oh... and yeah, I have a watch or two, and they both play music and video! One of them even calls my girlfriend when I say her name! Does yours do that too?

Yo CJ, You better not mess that watch up. ANY of the automatic winding, swiss movements are PRECISION INSTRUMENTS. The artistry and engineering in fine time pieces date back to the late 1700's. They are works of art that should be well cared for. Here are a few simple ways to care for your new watch.

1. Avoid magnets. (I don't think you want to know what they'll do to a spring.)
2. DON'T SCRATCH THE CRYSTAL.
3. BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVERWIND if you use a watch winder. Run it for a few hours a day if you don't wear the watch much.
4. Store in it's case when not in use.

My suggestion would be to only wear it for special occasions. Don't wear it to school ok?

BTW: I wear a Citizen EcoDrive Chronograph. Had this watch for 10 years with no need to change the rechargable battery!
It's primary power is solar with the solar cell concealed in the face.

I possess two watches, one expensive (graduation present from eons ago) and one cheapo, neither of which I ever remember to wear.

You know how a kettle never boils if you watch it, I find that the same with watches; time seems to slow down if you keep looking at them.

I never wear a watch, the straps always feel too constrictive to me, so I usually use my phone to tell the time when there isn't a wall clock around.

£3000 for a watch is a lot though, I don't think I even got that much spent on me for my 21st birthday present, infact I know I didn't. Whatever makes you happy though.

Happy birthday by the way.

I'm in love with my Rado Ovation Jubilé. My father gave me his original Rado Diastar (over 35 years old, I think) for my 20th birthday back then. I still love that one as well, but I wanted to buy myself my own Rado when I had the money. And one day I did.

R26493712s.jpg

I'm in love with my Rado Ovation Jubilé. My father gave me his original Rado Diastar (over 35 years old, I think) for my 20th birthday back then. I still love that one as well, but I wanted to buy myself my own Rado when I had the money. And one day I did.

I could have bet on it amazing though how Rado is more popular with swiss germans rather than the "Welsch"

I own an ebel sport classic (quartz), an ebel discovery (automatic) I wear the most often and my favourite the Zenith El Primero chronograph I was lucky to buy before prices got inflated ... and my dream an F.P. Journe Octa Réserve de Marche.

for the fans my favourite website on the subject http://www.worldtempus.com

Anyone who would spend $2000+ for a watch to give
as a gift to a kid (no offense meant here - you ARE a kid)
is crazy as far as i am concerned.

BTW - your watch cost more than a new Intel macbook!
How did I know id get this, I thought that a watch of that quality is more worthwhile as it will last all my life and also I have a job and my business partner are both saving to get macbooks :D

I never wear a watch, the straps always feel too constrictive to me, so I usually use my phone to tell the time when there isn't a wall clock around.

£3000 for a watch is a lot though, I don't think I even got that much spent on me for my 21st birthday present, infact I know I didn't. Whatever makes you happy though.

Happy birthday by the way.
Yeah its heavy but its worth the struggle

I have a Seiko divers watch that i bought with my
tax refund check about 20 years ago - price was $280

I also have two Suunto wristop computers.
I love Seiko's they are excellent mechanisms and they are really cheap (for a watch anyway)

A new Omega Speedmaster Legend, eh? Well, I can out brag you, kid.
My mommy and daddy just bought me a new Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet, just for taking out the garbage! So there!
P.S. And the gearshift knob's got a 20 carat perfect cut DeBeers diamond set into it!
P.P.S. And in the glove box, is a matched pair of custom made platinum plated Beretta automatic pistols with my name in 24 carat gold, which I'm free to use to blow my friggin' brains out if I scratch my new Porsche 911 Carerra Cabriolet!
Bet ya can't beat THAT, ya smart ass kid!:rolleyes:
Oh, by the way, I'm wearing an 8 year old Timex watch.
(takes a licking and comes back ticking)

I am not trying to brag I am just trying to ask what watches people have

AHHHH. No of course we don't have watches?! What the f*ck are you talking about?

I just engraved my 233 Wallstreet with stained titanium (you know the color spectrum shifts as you apply acid to titanium) and then I went to the local jewlrey store with my mommy and daddy and they bought me a pound of perfectly cut diamonds to fit inside my two Apple logos (one on top, one on bottom!)!

Oh and when I got home, to my surprise, a quad processor G5 was just sitting in my driveway! When I popped the lid, guess what? 16 gigabytes of RAM! That should help my FOUR processors keep it up when I'm posting on the internet.

*fizzle* >.<

Oh... and yeah, I have a watch or two, and they both play music and video! One of them even calls my girlfriend when I say her name! Does yours do that too?

Are you a mac user? I am ashamed

Yo CJ, You better not mess that watch up. ANY of the automatic winding, swiss movements are PRECISION INSTRUMENTS. The artistry and engineering in fine time pieces date back to the late 1700's. They are works of art that should be well cared for. Here are a few simple ways to care for your new watch.

1. Avoid magnets. (I don't think you want to know what they'll do to a spring.)
2. DON'T SCRATCH THE CRYSTAL.
3. BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVERWIND if you use a watch winder. Run it for a few hours a day if you don't wear the watch much.
4. Store in it's case when not in use.

My suggestion would be to only wear it for special occasions. Don't wear it to school ok?

BTW: I wear a Citizen EcoDrive Chronograph. Had this watch for 10 years with no need to change the rechargable battery!
It's primary power is solar with the solar cell concealed in the face.
Wow your a nice guy, thanks for your tips and comments :D
Also That watch is beautiful! I hope it lasts for ever!

3.jpg

I possess two watches, one expensive (graduation present from eons ago) and one cheapo, neither of which I ever remember to wear.

You know how a kettle never boils if you watch it, I find that the same with watches; time seems to slow down if you keep looking at them.

That is very true, I feel this all of the time :D

I have just got a new watch for my birthday, I have an Omaga Speedmaster Legend, the watch is so nice to wear It looks so nice, I was just wondering If you guys have watches and what one's do you have?

legomega3_430.jpg

One example
35066100.gif

My watch

Ugh... sorry, but I can't stand it. I think it's horrible, and the price makes it much worse in my opinion.

And I can't imagine you making this thread if you didn't get a new watch or you didn't get a watch at such a price.

I have this watch. It's simple. I like it.

2544667A61IFN134165M.JPG

Back