Omega Watches?

Ugh... sorry, but I can't stand it. I think it's horrible, and the price makes it much worse in my opinion.

And I can't imagine you making this thread if you didn't get a new watch or you didn't get a watch at such a price.

I have this watch. It's simple. I like it.

2544667A61IFN134165M.JPG

fair enough, but its not all about looks, my watch will last me all my life and the mechanism is amazing.

This Swiss made Citizen watch, which I have proudly owned for two decades, was sat on by a 280 lb Egyptian en route from Aswan to Cairo on a train seat in 1990. It still works to this day, unike the Sony Walkman and prescription glasses that faired less well.

watch.jpg

fair enough, but its not all about looks, my watch will last me all my life and the mechanism is amazing.

I've had mine for a few years. It'll probably break in a few more. It has a ten year warranty. If it breaks after that I'll just buy another one. I think it'd work out much cheaper than yours.

I've had mine for a few years. It'll probably break in a few more. It has a ten year warranty. If it breaks after that I'll just buy another one. I think it'd work out much cheaper than yours.

Well my watch has a lifetime warranty so I have nothing to worry about, I can pass this watch down my family.

This Swiss made Citizen watch, which I have proudly owned for two decades, was sat on by a 280 lb Egyptian en route from Aswan to Cairo on a train seat in 1990. It still works to this day, unike the Sony Walkman and prescription glasses that faired less well.

watch.jpg

Very nice Citzen :D

I have a Seiko, one of the kinetic ones where it winds as you walk. I can leave it sitting for 2 years, shake it up and it sets itself back to perfect time (I never wear it). I have always been perplexed by this, it blows me away how it can know the time. I swear it even compensates for daylight savings time. Can anyone tell me how it can sit unwound for years and reset itself when I shake it?

I have a Seiko, one of the kinetic ones where it winds as you walk. I can leave it sitting for 2 years, shake it up and it sets itself back to perfect time (I never wear it). I have always been perplexed by this, it blows me away how it can know the time. I swear it even compensates for daylight savings time. Can anyone tell me how it can sit unwound for years and reset itself when I shake it?

Yes my dad has a few Seiko's they are beautiful the mechanism is the best, and they are cheap as chips (well for a watch)

I had a pint of Guiness on my 21st. birthday. Unfortunately, not too many pubs in the U.S. serve english pints. What are they thinking?

"Sorry, those 4 extra ounces are expensive." LOL!

I have a Citizen Eco-Drive that my ex got me for my birthday last year. It's scratched to hell already which makes me wonder how you could live with having an expensive watch.

I never wear it anymore anyways. I spend 90% of my day in front of a computer and I can't stand having it on my wrist while I'm typing. That, and the computer has a clock. ;-)

I had a pint of Guiness on my 21st. birthday. Unfortunately, not too many pubs in the U.S. serve english pints. What are they thinking?
Most times I walked into bars in the US and asked for a pint the bar staff would titter. Except of course Irish bars.

A new Omega Speedmaster Legend, eh? Well, I can out brag you, kid.
My mommy and daddy just bought me a new Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet, just for taking out the garbage! So there!
P.S. And the gearshift knob's got a 20 carat perfect cut DeBeers diamond set into it!
P.P.S. And in the glove box, is a matched pair of custom made platinum plated Beretta automatic pistols with my name in 24 carat gold, which I'm free to use to blow my friggin' brains out if I scratch my new Porsche 911 Carerra Cabriolet!
Bet ya can't beat THAT, ya smart ass kid!:rolleyes:
Oh, by the way, I'm wearing an 8 year old Timex watch.
(takes a licking and comes back ticking)
I have a feeling that you dont believe me so I posted some pic's:
Me wearing watch with macosx.com behind:
attachment.php

Me wearing watch:
attachment.php

Me holding watch up to screen:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0004_4.JPG
    DSCF0004_4.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0005_4.JPG