OmniGraffle 3 is amazing!!

wiz

Registered
check it out..

i only wish they had automatic code generation based on UML diagrams heh!

WOW the OmniGroup knows how to design their applications! The did the best job yet! What Microsoft and Macromedia tried, they mastered. I think they are better than Apple when it come to designing, lol.

Well, I have been using version 2 for some time and I loved it. So, I bought the pro license and installed version 3 pro. I think they have to release a bug fix very soon: the EPS file export function does not work properly.

I love OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner. I updated to OmniGraffle v3 Pro as soon as it was available. The multiple canvases and the ability to redirect to files or other canvases when you click on an object is fantastic. However, I have noticed that I have very serious memory and performance problems on my computer after using v3 Pro for an hour or so, even if I am only dealing with a few canvases. This problem becomes evident immediatly when I work with documents with several complex canvases, even after I close the document. I am running on a Dual G4 533 DA with 1.25 GB RAM, Jaguar Server w/ 10.2.5 installed. I will try it on my Dual G4 1 GHz MDD and my Flat Panel iMac 17" 1 GHz w/ 1 GB RAM and report on the results.....

I'm not so happy with OmniGraffle 3 actually. I'm using 3.0 (v56.1) with the attached diagram, and it is *slow*.

I've got almost no other apps open (Safari, Mail, both hidden), but when I try to drag on a new item (like a firewall) it takes a full 4 seconds for it to appear. Then when I click on the background sheet, it takes another full 4 seconds for it to deselect! (That's 15 images by the way, adequtely less than the shareware cap of 20...)

Is this just something they put in to annoy you into registering it, or am I just having bad omniluck?

If this app worked faster for me, it would rock the house, but it's slow interface is a huge pain--not worth 107,73$ to me!

Attachments

• network.jpg
    network.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 19
PS: Hmm it seems that most of the other graphics work well, but that the firewall is the only superly slow graphic... Most of the others are pretty fast.

I still don't know that it's worth 107,73$ though :rolleyes:

Back