Once Again, Thanks for your Support!!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
By the end of our third year, we will have spent $15,000 dollars to keep this site up and running. This includes our license fees, software costs, etc. This does not include any advertising or paid promotion.

My goal was to raise around 30% of this. Other income is generated by mail accounts, a few far and between advertisers and some previous contributions.

Thus far, we have raised around 50% of this amount and still have a ways to go. You all have supported us, either financially or through giving time to help moderator, admin or work on designs and software for us. Wether you paid with sweat or your pocket book, I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart.

I want this site to grow and to build. We are currently working and discussing ideas, but always are looking for input and suggestions.

Thank you for being a part of this site, in more ways than just a visitor.

Scott

Let me second everything Scott said. This place is much more than a site and people like you are the reason for it. I know some of you have given in more ways than one. You know who you are. Thanks so much.!!

Hopefully we can continue to make this site grow and prosper in ways that will return your faith in us. :)

I do appreciate the quality of the site, the quality of its content.

I do appreciate the quality of the contributors and the quality of the mods.

Continue this way. Not maintaining the site just as it is, but continuing to progress.

I would like once to have to opportunity to understand why this site costs so much to Scott, but that's another story. For the time being I appreciate the value it has for me.

First off I find this site to be much more valuable than Apple Care because I can ask all the stupid little questions here :p

Also, how do i know if i'm a special member? I did pay and i'm in this thread, but do i have more or different options? Just wondering.

In response to the folks running this site. Your more than welcome. I pay for things much less valuable than this site every day.

Keep up the good work, and thanks

twister - for now, you're the only ones who can start polls. more little perks will probably come once scott has the time. he was gone all day sat. with real world stuff.

Originally posted by edX
twister - for now, you're the only ones who can start polls. more little perks will probably come once scott has the time. he was gone all day sat. with real world stuff.

I'm not saying i need perks, cuz I don't. I'm just happy the board is still here. :)

I was "braced for impact" when I heard the site was going to be redesigned (again!) so when I logged on tonight and saw THIS, I was blown away. Nice job! I appreciate so much the no b.s. tone of this website and now it has a look to match. Not Aqua, not anything else but macosx.com. Again, great work.

I am a proud supporter of this site because of everything I have learned and continue to learn from it. Another great forum or message would be to solicit help from other members such as myself. I am a graphic designer and didn't know one could help this site with some hard work in addition to cashola.

As for $$$ generating ideas, have you thought about advertising in exchange for your reputation for having some of the most qualified mac buyers on the planet? Sites like smalldog and outpost would benefit from a few macosx.com ads...just a thought.

Sweet as! Cheers.

We are 0.4% from the 25% barrier... very good progress in 2 weeks !

This year's drive was put on hold because of the holidays. We should get an update soon.

Hey long time no see. I have not been here for half a year. I guess I got busy with life. For those that remember me. I am engaged now but with lifes up there are downs. I am currently unemployed finding it hard to support myself let alone a wife. Having said this I am sure you understand my lack of donations. Some day I will be a million air and donate a couple hundred. :)

I have grown up from the spamming child that you can see above. Mysites are still running although the I have them both on one server and the same site.

Well, I am getting board talking about myself.
What have you guys been up to lately. I like your new design and the ideas that you are pouing out are very nice.

Back