Ooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

DJ Rep

How Interesting...
YAY!!!
I have ordered my 15" Powerbook of erm power!
Its da high end model with the superdrive 1.5Ghz G4 (drool) 5,400 80 Gig HD and 128 VRAM for the Radeon 9700, I also chose to have only one DIMM for the 512MB of RAM so that I don't have to waste anything when I shuv another 512 in there sometime.
Now anyway I have an ickle bit of cash left over so I want to invest that in some cool stuff like bags etc. What bags would you guys reccomend I av around £50-£80 to spend, also I saw this and I thought that it would be good to get as that baby will be running HOT wadya think?
Also what do you think will be a good antivirus software to get, I know viruses rarley affect OSX but I want to be safe rather than sorry, I was thinking about Norton Antivirus or Intego's antivirus software, are there anymore you would recommend?
Lastly what do you think would be a good Bluetooth Mouse, I love the look of the apple pro mouse but the absence of multi buttons and scroll wheel are a big deterant, I was thinking maybe Microsoft or Logitech?
Thanks for all your help
Dan

i think enough have been said on this forum when it comes to Norton and OS X. do a search and you'll see. avoid it as long as you can, as it have a tendence to badly mess up os x.

when it comes to alternatives i'm not really the right guy, but somewhere along the line i think apps like MacJanitor, Cocktail etc will be mentioned. although they're not anti-virus software they kinda keeps your system running smooth..

as of personal experience i have a logitech mouse, 2-button/scrollwheel, wich works brilliant. you can even change covers on it, making it look better with another colour.

alex.

And if you do not want to get a .mac account, get Norton AntiVirus. (not SystemWorks or Internet security).

It is Norton Utilities that you should stay away from. I run Anti Virus on 10.2 & 10.3 with no problem.

Stay away from anything Norton. On the PC side their AV software is junk IMO, so I see no reason that the Mac side would be any different...and with their horrible reputation with OS X it's just not worth the chance.

You can buy a copy of Virex by McAfee if need be just like you can buy Norton's AV software, no .Mac account needed. You just get Virex for free if you do have a .Mac account.

Back