Opening a .toast file

BG5150

Registered
I just got a couple of files with a .toast extension. When I try to mount it, I get a message that says something like "there is no file set to mount disk image" (or something similar).

How can I open .toast files?

Any help would be appreciated.

..bg

I haven't had any experience with them, but I think you _might_ have to burn the image to a disc first using Toast.

You should be able to mount it with Toast without burning it.

You also might be able to mount/burn it with Disk Utility (or Disk Copy in pre-Panther OS X) by renaming it .img or .iso or .dmg (I forget which). I seem to remember using this trick a few times, but I can't remember the details.

I tried copying to .dmg and it worked!

Still gonna try with Toast. My buddy gave me ver 7, but I only have a G3 :(

It sounds like you're "acquiring" software that you may not have a license for. Not gonna give any lectures on the rights and wrongs of piracy, but if you did not acquire the software in a legal fashion, I would suggest keeping that information to yourself and not posting it here, as per the forum rules.

Just a suggestion!

ElDiabloConCaca said:
It sounds like you're "acquiring" software that you may not have a license for. Not gonna give any lectures on the rights and wrongs of piracy, but if you did not acquire the software in a legal fashion, I would suggest keeping that information to yourself and not posting it here, as per the forum rules.

Just a suggestion!
It is actually an application my cousin is working on that he wanted me to try out. But thanks for caring.

Back