Organize! my osx brothers, don't let the osx man keep us down!

Images would be cool in OUR tags, my brothers and sisters

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
It is high freekin time that you enable image tags in the signatures. How do you expect us to have any kind of flippin personality on this website. jesus.:mad:
All the cool, high-end forums allow this. Don't let them fool you my brother, don't let them lie, down with the osx-industrial complex!!!!

Seems like a waste of band width. But it makes no difference to me, I have the signatures turned off (they get in the way of content).

peoples signatures are kinda in the way already, but it's nice to have smaller text ones. boards that ive been too with images enabled in the signatures just have really big pictures under every post, and that is ten times worse then ad's interspersed between pages... it gets in your way and makes it hard to read things.

Use your avatar. scrolling that huge images in signatures cause, are a pain in the apple.

I voted no. Signature images are like advertisements ... sometimes they are useful or informative, but 99% of the time they just get in the way of content.

Image Tags in Sig's, not unless you have a setting in User CP to turn them off.

This is how you do it so it doesn't offend anyones taste in bandwidth or organization, and only benefits those who wish to see them;

1. Set up the Control Panel with IMG tags off as the default in signatures only, not in actual posts.
2. Specify remote linked images only, that way macosx.com incurs no bandwidth expediture
3. If you want, specify dimensions of the image (around 432px X 54px or 6" X 3/4")
Beyond that, all the same rules that apply to avatars would apply to the signature image.

Ok, I was drunk when I created this thread so sorry about my militant attitude in the first post. I had no idea I was such an anti-establishment geek.

Also, while were on it, why no rank images either? I put these on my board and the users LOVE them.

Jason, I'm suprised at you, a fellow graphic designer.

habilis was drunk but I wasn't when I voted yes... :D :D :D

I like the members of this board and I especially enjoy the works of a few designers that linger 'round here. Some signatures can be nice.

Obviously I'd like them as much as I'd like to deactivate them if I was surfing on narrowband.

May I simply point at those HUGE text signatures which don't eat up much bandwidth but which eat up reading space already. No offense taken, guys ;)

Cheers habilis ! :D

Why have IMG tags in signatures when 9 out of 13 are going to turn them off anyway? :p

Originally posted by habilis
Also, while were on it, why no rank images either? I put these on my board and the users LOVE them.

Are you serious? And you tell others to grow up? :D

ksv: I'm going to put a texture map of your face on the German soldiers in MoH:AA to make being a sniper so much more worth while.

The cool graphic signatures would only be for the cool, graphically oriented people, which, incidentally, is about 20%. Thats why the graphic signatures would be off by default and almost a hidden function that only the really cool, forum saavy cats would turn on.

This site can only function with capital power. So, the point is to get as many people addicted to this site as possible so you can get more donations. It doesn't matter how you do it, give em stuff to discover and play with, different styles, rankings, whatever, keep em commin back for more. The addicted consumer is happy cuz he's got cool stuff to play with and people to talk to, macosx.com is happy cuz it gets more capital to continue functioning, exapnding, addicting more users. It's a happy circle of happy people. What do you have against fun>>>

Originally posted by habilis
ksv: I'm going to put a texture map of your face on the German soldiers in MoH:AA to make being a sniper so much more worth while.

Hey, mail me a picture of your face, and I'll do something you'll like :D

The cool graphic signatures would only be for the cool, graphically oriented people

While all those completely uncool non-designer types should just curl up and go away, I presume?

bear

Back