OS 9 Boot Issues w/Sonnet Encore 1.6 Ghz

riven2000

Registered
Hello All,

I am running a Sonnet Encore 1.6 Ghz upgrade on my Digital Audio G4 - card was installed under OS X 10.4.11. I want to be able to boot into OS 9.2.2 but can't. Boot screen gets almost to the end then freezes, with or without extensions running. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have (other than "Why don't you just dump OS 9") :D.

What do you need to do in OS 9, that requires booting into OS 9?
The reason that I ask that, is that the Classic environment might let you do what you need to do, without actually needing to boot into OS 9.
Does your Classic environment start up OK through your System Preferences/Classic pane?

I have an old TurboTV card that works in OS 9, and have some old VHS tapes I want to transfer. I know there are better alternatives but I can't afford them right now. Besides, once I get the VHS's done, I probably won't use the card that much. Best to use what's avilable if possible. Unfortunately the G4 doesn't see the card in Classic, only when booted to OS 9.

In your other thread, I asked if you are certain that the hard drive has OS 9 drivers installed. You can't boot into OS 9 unless the hard drive has those drivers installed.
You can't add the OS 9 drivers unless you erase the hard drive (and lose everything that's not backed up.)

Yeah, I always install the OS 9 drivers. I just did the CPU-swap/software install option - works. Thanks for your help!

Back