OS X.1 internet connect error

sammar

Registered
When I try to connect to the internet, which worked just fine under 10.0.4, it says there is a modem error. The modem connects to the internet with no problems on 9.1, thus here I am. I don't understand as all I did was upgrade and expect to do what I had done before.

I looked at all my settings and they appear to be as before. Please someone help me try and figure this out.

Well I have no answers here, but wanted to throw my hat into the ring. I am also getting the same exact problem. I have found that when i change the internal modem to power mac [the generic one they have] It dials out but hangs for about 3 minutes while, presumably, it tries to connect. Of course it never does.

I have an older G3 B/W which came with an internal modem. What's your mac?? Maybe there is a pattern with the models this affects.

Originally posted by luisraul
Well I have no answers here, but wanted to throw my hat into the ring. I am also getting the same exact problem. I have found that when i change the internal modem to power mac [the generic one they have] It dials out but hangs for about 3 minutes while, presumably, it tries to connect. Of course it never does.

I have an older G3 B/W which came with an internal modem. What's your mac?? Maybe there is a pattern with the models this affects.
=================================
My mac is a 333 iMac, G3 with an internal modem.

:)
Hello you guys. Well I kept playing around with the type of internal modem that Mac OSx chose to use for dialign out. I finally picked the Apple GV56k modem file and everything seems to working fine.

There are four total modem scripts that begin with apple, and for some reason the default that was picked was the 56k[v90] but that didn't work so i went down the list until wallah gv56k did the trick. Just hope it keeps working.

Same problem here, but I had success fixing it with my Wallstreet by copying the "Powerbook G3 Internal 56k" script from the MacOS 9 "Extensions:Modem Scripts" to "/Library/Modem Scripts" and selecting it in the Network panel of MacOS X.

Dave

Thank you luisraul...that's the trick! I usually would have done something like this but was a bit too frustrated and had some other things to do at the time. Works like a charm, in fact now the modem sound works. I can't thank you enough ! ! !

Well now that everything is working I guess I won't go back and test OS9's scripts on OSX. At one point I did think about it but fr some reason I just thought it wouldn't work because of the fact that the OSes are that different, but thanks for the ip at least we have two things to fall back on now.

Yeah, and thank god for the freak'n sound, it was driving me crazy that OSx.1 would not fix it, but it does work with the gv script.

I had the same problem -- running a G4/400 PCI machine, which, I assume is the problem here -- you've got a B/W G3/300, right? Well, we basically have the same machine -- same motherboard, same modem, etc...

I tried the GV script, but was getting REALLY long delay times in disconnecting and what-not. The modem just seemed to "respond" to commands slowly -- but it DID connect, however.

I'm using the Supra 56 V90 script, and it's working great for me. Takes only a couple seconds to disconnect, instead of 10 or so like the GV script. Just wanted you to know what I was having luck with.

yes, the GV script does act buggy when trying to disconnect. Luckily when I disconnect is because I am done using the mac, so it's not much of a bother. Although I will try using that supra script and see if the whole connection eworks fine. I guess disconnecting could be a main issue sometimes.

Back