OS X - 10.0 - do you have to pay for it?

shroomvalley

Registered
I'm so confused. I have this little crappy mac that was running one of the original versions of 9. then i dropped by circuit city and found these nifty pre-packaged update cds, I was told to install one, then the other, and I would be X-ified. However, I realized that the OS X update disk says that it is an update FOR OS X, and not TO OS X. I've searched high, low, near, and far (google and apple.com) and I cant find any info. Where the heck can I get the proper OS disk to upgrade to X from 9.2?

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

Click the "Buy Now" button. :)

The update disc you got was to update 10.0 to 10.1. If you want to buy 10.1 itself, you should be able to get a boxed copy at most Apple-supporting retailers. You can also buy it from Apple.com/store and a bazillion other online retailers.

However, if I were you I'd place an order for 10.2 instead since it'll ship in the next couple of weeks.

if you bought OSX on or after july 17, then you can upgrade to jaguar when it comes out on aug 24. i presume that this does not apply to a 10.1 update CD, only a 10.1 full install retail CD

i thought there was a hack on those 10.1 cd's to install everything, not just the upgrade.

I don't remember though.

Twister

Back