Os X 10.4.2 Sherlock And Dashboard

craig.harmon

Registered
Ever since I installed Dashboard widgets for translation my "languages" in Sherlock will not load. I would prefer Sherlock. Is there a way to recover Sherlock.

Just drag it to the Desktop so you'll still have it if you want to put it back.

Well . . . that certainly did not have the desired results. Previously Sherlock translation was inoperative, now it is no longer visible, though on restart a new <com.apple.Sherlock.plist> is loaded to my account's Library/Preferences folder.

Now what I REALLY want to do is to USE Sherlock Translation AND NOT a dashboard widget. It is my feeling that Sherlock is (was) better than Dashboard. How can i get SHERLOCK TRANSLATION back?

Craig

You could also drag Sherlock out to the Desktop and do a Custom install of Sherlock from the Tiger DVD and see if that works.

I am having the same problems with Sherlock translations under 10.4.2 - I tried reinstalling Sherlock with Pacifist - the re-install was fine but the problem still exists.

This appears to be a Tiger specific problem as I have an older Ti-Book running 10.3.9 and Sherlock and the translation channel work fine.

Here's how to fix Sherlock in Tiger -
Go to your user Library/Caches/Sherlock folder.
Open the Web Foundation folder.
Drag the contents to the trash.
Close that folder, and Get Info on the Web foundations folder. Click an X in the Locked box.

Now try Sherlock - you will find it back to normal... translation certainly works again for me...

Back