OS X and Amiga memories

Two things, the amiga still have, that other computers may look for:

* the scrolling (in windows or screens) was absolutely smoothly!... If it was Picture or just Text.... i've never seen such again.... i miss it still elsewhere

* the data-types were a bit buggy, but the ability to plug in such a lot file and data types for using with every programm was very pretty! i miss it still elsewhere

The CLI / Terminal / Shell that the amiga used was not UNIX, but it was very similar, so i never had big problems, to understand the Darwin now on OS X! :)

MacUAE has not been updated in god knows how long.
So it is not carbon :(
There is a guy working on an OS X version of UAE, he is making progress but its not fast enough (for me)..but who am I to complain ;) I am not even making an effort he he... Kudos to you man :) (I cant remember his web site)

Amiga Forever is just a bunding together of
MacUAE
WinUAE
Fellow
--- All the above are emulators ----
All major Amiga ROMS
All major Amiga OS disks (Except for the most recent OS 3.5, 3.9, an 4.0)

I have missed gaming on the amiga ;-) I am thinking of getting one of those classix CDs that are on www.softhut.com he he he.

Admiral

Classic sux, Ihate how UAE, while running isnt full screen then if u click on the background classic changes res.

Carbon or nothing!

Well even under OS 9 you cant get it full screen.
Res doesnt change, except for the windows that its in...how they manage that I do not know.

I hope they find a way to install and boot off a mac when amiga v.4.0 comes out.

Just like Linux PPC does!
Now Id buy that for a dollar!

I'd pay much more than that ;)
I'd pay $20 lol :p

There is a version of an amiga emulator with OS 3.9 and a lot of native x86 drivers that installs/boots off CD, but its only for the x86 chipset. Its called AMIthlon but it costs like $150. It comes with QNX and a few other things. I think its like a 3 CD set

Back