OS X Leopard

Oh yeah I see that.. Damn it my guess was WRONG!. And I hope its good..

It will begin a Mac with Intel processors by June 6th, 2006

this saddens me :(

On the other hand, WINE... running of windows apps, and other x86 apps within the macOS, no need to dual-boot.

What processor are they going to start to use ?
All the details are sketchy.... argh! why no webcast! :mad:

AdmiralAK said:
this saddens me :(

On the other hand, WINE... running of windows apps, and other x86 apps within the macOS, no need to dual-boot.

What processor are they going to start to use ?
All the details are sketchy.... argh! why no webcast! :mad:

It will begin a Mac with Intel processors by June 6th, 2006 :(

This to me is confusing. There will be 2 versions of Tiger then? That's a year off. Why will people continue to invest in Macs when obviously the current hardware is dead.

I think Steve Jobs meant that two versions for G5 and Intel.

Its strange to me that developers applauded Steve when he said that both processors would be supported for a long time to come, and the core to this will be universal binaries.

Huh? whats going on with them!

does it really matter so much to you cfleck? - what does it matter what chip is in the box??

apple will lock it down and it wont matter one jot. - they've made a sound business decision based on what intel can offer to apples own road map.

they could have made the switch 5 years ago by the sounds of it and not told anyone and you wouldnt be any the wiser.

Apple has a vision and I applaud them for going with it instead of being hindered by poor PPC production. Steve obviously has a better lay of the land than we ever could. It's much better Apple do something then do nothing and be in the same boat 2 years from now.

True.. What will happening to Apple's hardware? Will Apple give up and using their hardwares from off the shevles?

macfreak - what do you mean?

all apple hardware - hardrives, optical drives, memory even the chip! etc is 'off the shelf' - which is then bought together by apple and built as one of its machines.

just because the chip is different why would any of that change?

cfleck said:
Am I the only one beyond pissed that this is happening?
Probably not. As for me, I am crestfallen. I just hope that it works out. However, there are a lot of unanswered questions. The change here is greater than the change ushered in by the Mac II, System 7, the Power PC, or MacOS X. This is going to takle a while to shake out. In the meantime, I hope that people don't stop buying Macs. Judging from some of the comments I have read, a lot of people intend to do just that.

Sorry for not clear. I meant motherboard. Ok.. So Apple will use their motherboard such as ASUS, MSI, Biostar, or Dell?

Back