OS X Leopard

The "Nazis" around here are called moderators. Their job is to moderate the forums. That's what I'm doing. All I'm asking is that people use _existing_ threads for the same subjects and they don't turn any other thread into yet another intel-thread.

And don't call me a "Nazi", please. I didn't call you names, did I.

heck, this is the end of the ppc arch. who's gonna buy a mac when its available on x86 eh? and x86s are dirt cheap and fast.

damn it.. i really hoped that apple would have opted for Cell.

Leopard WON'T come out for X86. It will come out for PowerPC-Macs as well as intel-Macs.

wiz said:
heck, this is the end of the ppc arch. who's gonna buy a mac when its available on x86 eh? and x86s are dirt cheap and fast.

You assume that OS X will run on any old x86 box. Nobody said anything about that. Using x86 processors in Apple boxes will not make them anymore generic PC's than they are today.

No, but right now, we _do_ have word from Apple and we don't need to speculate too much. Steve Jobs himself has said what I've just pointed out. So why argue him?

Haha. Pismo, joined May 2005, comes in here and calls Fryke (someone I'd consider an original) a forum Nazi...ROFL....Times like these remind me of when I was a kid and I would have to go to church every Sunday and it was always the same, good people there. Then Easter would come, and the whole damn town would be there, displacing me from my seat, eating my after-church munchkins and disrespecting something via their ignorance. Seriously though, Hail Fryke! :::raises hand into the air:::

RyanLang said:
Haha. Pismo, joined May 2005, comes in here and calls Fryke (someone I'd consider an original) a forum Nazi...ROFL....Times like these remind me of when I was a kid and I would have to go to church every Sunday and it was always the same, good people there. Then Easter would come, and the whole damn town would be there, displacing me from my seat, eating my after-church munchkins and disrespecting something via their ignorance. Seriously though, Hail Fryke! :::raises hand into the air:::

I have more posts than you on this forum, trust me. :)

What will the new features of LEOPARD be ?

Steve did another of his big magician's trick: he announced LEOPARD without telling us anything about its content !

So if Leopard is for 64-bit only, does that mean that the non-64 bit PowerBook I've just bought has no upgrade path?

It has been assumed here that "Leopard" won't come out for X86. I think it will come out for X86 as Apple begins to migrate with Intel. Wouldn't make much sense to make that OS for PPC only when they're no longer building PPC Macs, now would it?

RGrphc2 said:
whats wrong with Finder?

it's terrible. inconsistent at best, plain unpredictable at worst.... they've added lots of gimmicks, like the sidebar, and column view, but the way it works is shoddy. just TRY playing with the "This Window Only" "all Windows" thing. then opening a DMG.

You got that wrong. It's fully 64bit for 64bit computers only. 32bit machines are still supported however, they're just not using the same code.

Back