OS X on B&W G3

apex01

Registered
I have a B&W G3 upgraded with an OWC G4/450 with around 750MB ram, Western Digital 60GB, Radeon 7000 video. I was able to boot off of the Jaguar install CD on a whim once last week, but not again now that I would like to install it. Any ideas on why it would boot once and not again after several tries?

Thanks.

-C

You don't have begin by manually booting from the CD to install Jaguar. Mount the CD from OS 9 and open the installer app, this will then re-boot your system and SHOULD boot from the Jaguar install CD then.

Make sure you get all the firmware that is recommended in the read me on the Jaguar CD, if you haven't already.

You will like Jaguar on that machine.

Ok, here's an update. I put the original G3/300 processor back in with no luck. I still get the light gray screen with the dark gray Apple icon. So I guess that rules out the processor conflict. The DVD drive is an Apple OEM (although not for this G3) Matshita 4x. I have also removed the Adaptec 2906 SCSI card to no avail.

Any other new ideas? This is tearing me up knowing that it booted OSX once,
and only once.

Thanks,

Clinton

Check that CD. There is a Jaguar update CD that will not boot if you do not have OS X already installed... then there is the full install Jaguar. The CD should say which it is.

Back