OS X update

ksv

web developer
I've heard that an update of Mac OS X has circulated on the net, illegal, of course... This update will have increased speed and bug fixes. Great!
Maybe we will have it in some days...

I forget where I downloaded that 4L5 update but I ended up reburning my drive. It did improve responsiveness on my B&W G3 400/ 384MB...but....it also seemed to make it more unstable. I wasn't really experiencing regular kernal panics until I installed that.

My thought is that if Apple hasn't released it by now (a week later) then it is probably a beta or there were things to be fixed befored release.

VGZ made it sound like 4L7 has been released, it hasn't. 4L7 is another illegally circulated update off of Carracho. My god man, we don't even know if it really came from Apple... but hey, as long as you are taking the risks, feel free to tell me exactly what it did/did not do for your system... =)

Well, it worked, and I have not expirienced any dificulties, but I can't say I have noticed any differences either. On the other hand I have not even expirienced any of the dificulties that a large number of people are complaining about either. Maybe I am just blessed.

They haven't removed it yet.. still at macupdate.com actually 4L5 was replaced with 4L7 build in their list.

still there as of NOW

Cheers,

Boult

I can't find them anymore. But if you want it, I can email it to you. It's about 4 megs. I'm sure you can find it on some hotline and carracho servers too.

Originally posted by boult
They haven't removed it yet.. still at macupdate.com actually 4L5 was replaced with 4L7 build in their list.

still there as of NOW

Cheers,

Boult
It is in the list, but if you want to download it, they tell you it is removed.

For, me, it seems like it did OS X alot faster (maybe because I just have a G3/400 upgraded Powermac 8600).

To AdmiralAK:
At least, they weren't official. They must be leaked from Apple.

These are leaked internal builds. I don't mind installing them but I always back-up my computer before hand and test to make sure everything still works. Be very careful if you are going to install one of these builds. I don't mind breaking my system because I like to mess with it and I have a backup to use if it breaks.

Mac OS X 10.0.1 Update (Build 4L13) is out. If you still have Mac OS X 10.0, run Software Update twice. Once for SW Update 1.3, the other for 4L13.

Software Update won't show the update on the updates list if you already have installed earlier builds of the update, because it recognizes your OS as already up to date.
So here's how to install the update over older updates:
Simply delete the 10.0.1Update.pkg file located in >Library>Receipts. Remember to empty the trash. You may have to boot into OS 9 to do this.

Back