OS9.2-Tiger

Gettyagunnz

Registered
Hello,
no matter what I do I can't get my G4 to see the CD on my DVD drive to install Tiger. It just won't recognise it as the start up disc to let me install.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so, can they help?
Thank you!

Have you tried rebooting with the Tiger CD/DVD in the drive and holding down the 'c' key as the computer boots to force it to boot from the CD drive?

Also, is this a retail copy of Tiger, or could it be a system-specific (gray-colored) Tiger disk specifically meant for a certain machine?

Hi, I've tried re booting using the C kay and also by having the disc in and selecting it in the control panel as the start up disc- neither works.
The disc is a black retail copy I bought from Amazon.

I had read on another thread here that there is the possibility of purchasing an evaluation copy from Amazon (or something like that). Of course, this copy is a timed eval so after the expiration date it won't work anymore.

The other thing to consider is this: have you applied any firmware updates to that G4 system of yours? It's possible you might need it before you install OS X on it.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86117

Also, the time to hold down the "C" key is right after the startup chime. Don't let go of it until you see it booting from the install disc.

Gettyagunnz said:
Hello,
no matter what I do I can't get my G4 to see the CD on my DVD drive to install Tiger. It just won't recognise it as the start up disc to let me install.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so, can they help?
Thank you!
Not all PowerMac G4's can boot into MacOS 9. Which is your model?

Back