OS9 Print monitor problem

dfc1

Registered
If anybody has any suggestions...I have a dual boot OS9/OS10 mac. I have been printing graphics from Freehand9 in classic for years on this. Today the print monitor gave an print error message -8927. My print monitor doesn't have any listing of a print job, but I cancelled anyway. Now I can't seem to quit the print monitor even by force or restart, and needless to say I can't print. A mac buddy said that he thinks I need to find the print queue directory and delete everything in the folder. However, I can't find where that folder is. If anybody can tell me or has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I am not a mac programmer or expert, but I know enough to be dangerous, so keep that in mind if you have a solution.

Thanks,Doug

The printer queue, or in OS 9 - the PrintMonitor Documents folder, is in your System Folder. You could just dump that folder in the trash, as hidden files are sometimes kept in that folder. Trash that PrintMonitor Documents folder, and any hidden files also go. Still in your System Folder, open the Preferences folder, and trash the Printing prefs folder.
Restart your Mac into OS 9. Double-check in the Chooser that your printer is properly selected. Try to print something.
Hope that works for you...

Back