osx 10.2 update problem

chicodoggy

machead since 91
Hello,

I am currently having trouble upgrading my 10.2 with 10.2.6 or 10.2.8 after doing a archive and install of 10.2. Help. I have repaired the disk permissions and it still won't let me update.

Any suggestions?!

what error(s) do you get when you try?

Are you trying a Combo updater? - you can download a simple updater to 10.2.6 or 10.2.8 that requires 10.2.5 or 10.2.6/7 respectively, and will not update 10.2.

I have tried the 10.2.8 combo update both thru the software update and manually with a download and it still wont install. I have also tried 10.2.6 and it says my system does not meet the requirements. This happened after unsuccessfully installing an upgrade to Panther. There must be something in my system files?

see attached picture.

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
Open your System Profiler. In Hardware Overview, is the Boot ROM Version 4.2.8?

Have you removed anything from the Receipts folder?

To use the 10.2.8 update, you would need to already have 10.2.6 installed, otherwise you need to use the Mac OS X 10.2.8 Update (Combo).

the boot rom info is 10.2.8f1. is there any way to reset this so i can update my 10.2 -> 10.2.8 with the combo update?

can i do a clean install of 10.2 and keep my current user accounts/settings/documents?

Looks like you may have 10.2.8 installed. I think you're looking at the System version, and not the Boot ROM Version under the Hardware Overview.

Go to About This mac under the Apple and see what Version it says.

i have 10.2 installed currently, it says so under about this mac but it says i have boot rom 10.2.8f1 in the system profile

I had 10.2.8 installed before and i reinstalled 10.2. now it wont let me update 10.2 to any newer version.

Something got screwed up. If you have a way to backup your important files, I would do that and then wipe the drive.

If you have screwed up your v10.2.8 installation then simple way is to upgrade to v10.3.x, this could overwrite your problem.

Back