? OSX 10.5.1. I still find "Flakey" !

bunyip

Registered
Sudden Safari crash's & for no obviouus reasons spinning color wheel of "Doom" & frozen system/screen forcing Manual restart. This despite regular Disc Utility use & annoying SUID file ? which means nothing & takes forever to formally advise. To many other software suppliers to slow with upgrades & takeing advantage to charge more for upgrades. Ciao. bunyip

So what's new? Many people had problems with 10.0.2, 10.1.2, 10.2.2, 10.3.2 and 10.4.2, so I don't expect all problems to be fixed by 10.5.2.

For me, 10.5.1 is running beautifully. What do you mean by "regular disc utility use & annoying SUID file"?

By the updates you obviously mean Adobe. I certainly agree there. CS2 is not that old and they should still provide support for it on current systems. They should also have had updates for Leopard for CS3 ready by the time Apple released Leopard. I mean: What does Apple let developers see operating systems before release for if not so developers can adjust their apps prior to release?

Hi fryke I was asked a ? & I still find OSX 10.5/.1 "Flakey" (Irratic). When I confirm permissions with Disc utility it is slow & I always get a message that SUID permissions needed repair. From other forums I've been told to ignore & I do but message slows me down & is annoying! Some of my old Games like Alchemy & original Bejewelled Sim City etc. will not work. I did upgrade to Bejeweled 2 & new graphics are brilliant. Happy New Year & don't be so "Grumpy" bunyip.

Well if you read the web about the SUID and Repair Permissions the answers are there. i even answered the fix for user on this site how to fix the SUID errors. So here is the fix again: Download the large 110MB 10.5.1 Update and re-install it. The SUID errors in Disk Repair should go away.

The only thing is Disk Repair (in 10.5.) will still be VERY long in running. I believe enough Apple users have reported this bug to Apple.

Oh mighty "Guru" Satcomer, As an aging comparitively new commer to Macs, "Thank" you. I shall try your solution. I still get odd frozen screen & useless cursor or eternal spinning ball of doom for no apparrant reason. Just reading an open web page & instant freeze. Not often but a couple of times a day can still be very annoying. Have invested in latest Micro Tech Tool for Leopard & hope that helps. Should arrive next week. Thanks again & have a Great Healthy,Happy & Prosperous New Year. Shall report back when I next check "Permissions. Cheers, bunyip.

Back