OSX on 1999 imac

zoranb

Registered
I want to run DataRescue (for OSX) on a 1999 imac. Is this possible? Actually im intrested in fixing a drive (inside an enclosure) using this app, to be honest i cant remember if the imac has firewire or usb2 ports so i can connect the enclosure. What do u think? Is this possible?

I Run mac OS X 10.3.x on my iMac 333MHZ Rev A.

The iMac is Running 384mb memory and still runs pretty slow when running apps.

'I want to run DataRescue (for OSX) on a 1999 imac. Is this possible?', Yes - see here for Frequently Asked Questions, FAQ's, and at the bottom are links to the 'Data Rescue X User Guide' and 'Data Rescue Spec Sheet'. At least MacOS X 10.2.0 is required (as per the 'Data Rescue Spec Sheet').

'... to be honest i cant remember if the imac has firewire or usb2 ports ...', no - 'to be honest', the Bondi Blue nor the 5 flavors iMacs have Firewire ports; and, the USB ports are v. 1.1.

'What do u think?', I think Amateur Radio operators should stick with abbreviations (Q Codes - 'qth philadelphia' is easier than 'ich wohne in philadelphia' when transmitting to someone in South America, who speaks neither Deutsch or English), not persons posting questions, problems, or solutions to an internet web page.

'Is this possible?', most likely. Below is an excerpt from page 12 of the 'Data Rescue X User Guide' ...

2.5 General Usage
Data Rescue was designed to be used in a wide range of situations. Specifically, Data Rescue can handle:
• SCSI, IDE (also called ATA disks) FireWire and USB disks.

Back