osx tiger update!

brisa_main

Registered
hi
i have a powerbook with osx 10.3.9.
i need to get tiger on it so i can use my new ipod.
my dad has an imac with 10.4 tiger and the cds he got with the computer.
i tried to install it but it said it cant be installed!!

help

Those installations CD's are for the iMac only and are specific to it. To install tiger on yours you will need to purchase a retail tiger CD.

And im sure your going to be flamed now by others for trying to use a single license cd on two computers.

No flames coming, but brisa_main may not be aware that installing Tiger on more than one machine is illegal, unless you have purchased a copy of Tiger for each machine.

Apple also offers a "Family Pack" for Mac OS X, which allows you to install OS X on up to 5 computers located in the same household.

one way you can do it (ive done this before because my own purchased tiger cd was scratched) you can put your powerbook in target disk mode and plug it into your dad's imac using a firewire cable. Then boot from the OSX install cd and select to install on your powerbook's HDD. This will install everything fine and your computer will boot perfectly normal.

i have a similar problem but no disc. just an old 10.3.9 and a brand spanky new ipod. is there somewhere i can get new software in le interneto? i have tried the latest versions but it says it can't be installed once i get it. help me.

Mac OS X is commercial software, and, as much as I hate this fact, you can't get it for free (legally). And if it's not legal, we can't say how to do it here... gotta keep it legit.

Your only option for upgrading Mac OS X is to purchase a retail copy of it.

Back