OSX upgrade ??

devz3ro

Registered
hey guys,

i have a question here for macromedia studio mx 2004/OSX upgrade

i have downloaded the trial version of the software, and when i try and install the selected software, a message appears saying the most annoying thing "needs atleast OSX 10.2 or later to install"

i have OSX 10.1.5 full registered installed on my imac, 500mhz, 128 meg of RAM, and i do realise now i would have to purchase the official OS system software from my local apple reseller, but as i am a poor student i cant afford that sort of thing, even though they have a discounted amount for students.

i would be gladly pleased if some one can point me in the right direction :p
cheers all!

You can buy the OS X 10.2 upgrade installation pack for about 20 $ from the apple store. That is the legal version.

Well, the around 20 $ upgrade version of jaguar (10.2) - i saw it at the local apple store (here). Which ever store you have around there selling macs and computers - just ask them around if they have a spare copy of 10.2 that they haven't sold out yet. It shouldn't be much more than what I saw its price here, and believe me - 10.2 will be a lot more stable and fast than 10.1. (well, 10.3 is a lot faster than 10.2 but the difference btw 10.1 > 10.2 is bigger than 10.2 > 10.3).

I'm still on 10.1.3 and today was searching for
I found one place in my area (Santa Cruz County)
that will sell it to me for $79.00.
Any other suggestions where I could get it.
Is there a place online to order for the $20.00.
Apple Store seems to only sell Panter now which
is really irritating.
Thanks for the help.

If you are a student, apple.com has a student discount, which makes Panther $69. Go to the Apple store and follow the links for Education.

Brian

annfi said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but can I upgrade directly from
10.1.3 to Panther?

Not a stupid question at all! You should have no problem upgrading 10.1 to 10.3 (no more problems then you could have in upgrading 10.2 to 10.3 anyways).

Brian

Back