other mac os x forums

ron45

Registered
Are there any that aren't trying to strike it rich by sticking offensive commercials in everyone's emails. [ All comercials/ marketing is offensive ] I know they are from screwgle but this fourm must be allowing them here to get money for nothing. I don't like being exposed to hype of any kind unless I'm looking for something. Even then hype is seldom based in reality or actually useful other than the inflated price.

The answers here are always spot on and very quick. I have no complaint in that area. But why not get a job instead of polluting the ether with biddniss blather? The internet existed for a long time with out being someone's cash cow.

Ron

Advertising is typically the only way that an entity can offer a service that is completely free of charge.

This forum also takes donations. Maybe if we all donated more money we could alleviate this forum of the burden of having to display advertisements to stay alive.

As for other Mac forums, a quick Screwgle search revealed hundreds of them -- none of which I could see as being 100% free of advertisement.

If you define entity as someone who wants money from the internet that is so. But the entity does it at the discomfort and yes even a lowering of the quality of internet viewing. But hey the entity doesn't have to look at it. The internet was a free exchange of information and services. Now it is mostly a neocon, [same as the old con] wetdream.

Ron

"As for other Mac forums, a quick Screwgle search revealed hundreds of them -- none of which I could see as being 100% free of advertisement. "

That's quite true, famous Mac forums such as Apple Discuz, MacRumors, MacNN, also here MacOSX(^-^) ...

There are three options:

1.) Stay away from sites that do ads. (You'll probably have to leave the internet at this time of writing.) ;)

2.) Use an adblocker. They work quite fine. You'll lower the sites' income, and there might be sites you like so much that you don't want to do that.

3.) Live with the ads. Ignore them, if you must.

I usually just ignore them unless they get in my face, which is a trend I'm noticing on other sites. But for the ones here, ignoring them is sufficient for me.

Back