Other User Cannot Print...

ginzadune

Registered
I have been on Mac's for since the SE30, and am pretty savvy with internet and macintosh protocol's, etc... for the life of me, I know the answer to this either has to be staring me in the face, or there is just some kind of bug that I am not aware of here.

When my wife signs on as a different user, she cannot print on the printer. When she signs off and I sign on, the dang thing then prints (or sometimes does not print at all).

What the heck setting is not proper?

OS X 10.3.9
Lexmark 83

Also- we would like to share this printer between our (her) PC, which is on a LAN in the same room as the Mac. I am not sure how we go about setting this up... but this problem I am asking about above existed before we had the LAN set up.

Much thanks for any help!

ginzadune said:
I have been on Mac's for since the SE30, and am pretty savvy with internet and macintosh protocol's, etc... for the life of me, I know the answer to this either has to be staring me in the face, or there is just some kind of bug that I am not aware of here.

When my wife signs on as a different user, she cannot print on the printer. When she signs off and I sign on, the dang thing then prints (or sometimes does not print at all).

What the heck setting is not proper?

OS X 10.3.9
Lexmark 83

Also- we would like to share this printer between our (her) PC, which is on a LAN in the same room as the Mac. I am not sure how we go about setting this up... but this problem I am asking about above existed before we had the LAN set up.

Much thanks for any help!

You are facing a user preferences issue. I had the same deal when I set up users on my machine. My wife couldn't print because I hadn't set up printing for her. When you are in the user that can't print, just open up the printer setup utility and choose the printer you want to use. That should solve your problem.

Concerning the issue of your wife printing with the PC on the Mac network, I don't have a response to that. PCs are banned in our home and I try not to get involved with them. I've used Macs since my first 128K machine back in 1986. We are indeed a Mac family. Maybe there's another who can help you with that.

Art

Back