Outlook 2011 for mac issue - Need to add account again after restart

tony1965

Registered
As the title says, whenever I reboot my mbp, outlook "loses" the information and I need to add the account details again. It does seem though that the mailbox and folders are "hidden" somewhere though, because once I've added the account info, the messages re-appear very quickly, in fact a lot quicker than when I first set up the account. A strange one methinks. So any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

Has this been happening since you installed Outlook?
Did you install a demo or trial version, or is this the full paid version?

Is your Office software fully updated?
Check for the version number of Outlook, which should be version 14.3.9 - If not, Open Microsoft Word, then Word's Help menu/Check for Updates. That will update all the Office software, including Outlook.

As the title says, whenever I reboot my mbp, outlook "loses" the information and I need to add the account details again. It does seem though that the mailbox and folders are "hidden" somewhere though, because once I've added the account info, the messages re-appear very quickly, in fact a lot quicker than when I first set up the account. A strange one methinks. So any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

Check for an additional user profile called "Default". Even if you have your own one set up, Outlook 2011 will often load that for preference, if it exists. Really annoying.

Thanks for your replies. All software is up to date. There is no default profile there either. Its the full paid version of outlook, not a trial. I've only recently added the account to be able to access work emails from home.

Outlook has a strange way of setting up new email accounts. Now I am assuming you are using Outlook for your home email account. Do you have two profiles set up or two email accounts? If you have two profiles, that would explain why it doesn’t show up when you first launch Outlook.
(the foggy brain is trying to remember from a couple of years ago helping an outlook user)

I am using outlook to access my work emails only. I don't have any other profile set up. And just a reminder, its not quitting outlook and restarting that loses the profile, its rebooting the mac, then I need to re-enter the account settings, so it seems like it's not "remembering" the profile when the laptop is shut down.

Back