Outlook PST to Entourage

CasperH

Registered
Hi,

What tool should I use to convert my PST files into Entourage / MBOX files? Is there a free alternative to MessageSave?

Regards,
Casper

Last edited:
Yes it does, but the only working options there seem to be using messagesave or incredibly difficult other ways. I'm now trying to import everything into Thunderbird but I tried that before and it didn't work out to good.

So if you know a free alternative for MessageSave: please place a link or something.

You could use libpst if you're not afraid of the command-line in Mac OS X:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070712065953608

libpst is not difficult: there are exactly 5 simple steps to using it, and each is outlined in as much detail as you need in the aforementioned article. Download it, type a few cryptic commands, then execute it to produce a folder of mail that can be easily imported into Mail.app. We'd be happy to walk you through the process, step-by-step.

The short answer is that there isn't an easy, one-step way to get mail/contacts out of a (Microsoft closed and proprietary) format such as PST using only a Mac.

My suggestion would be to secure some time on a Windows PC with both Outlook and Thunderbird installed, use the PST import plug-in for Thunderbird, then export the emails to a format that is more compatible with Mail.app (eg, MBOX format).

Why buy it? You obviously work for the company, and if the company ain't givin' you a free copy of your own software, well, that's just all messed up!

Thanks for the spam, by the way. I really agree with you that EVERY thread that references Outlook, Entourage or Mac Mail was dug up from up to 5 years ago so you could hawk your warez on our pretty, little forum here.

Real classy.

I solved the PST files to Mac problem using O2M, a $10 piece of software from LittleMachines.com. Very easy file conversion, and everything went right into Entourage.

Use PST Converter Pro from www.pstconverterpro.com. I finally decided to use it after trying many free, cheaper or more expensive solutions. I found it to be the most reliable and effective solution for email migration. I hope this information would be useful. Thanks !

Back